Not that you really need any reasons to drink beer, but just in case, this list is for you.
1. It keeps your kidneys healthy.
I know what you’re thinking, but a Finland study found that each bottle of beer that men consumed daily lowered their risk of developing kidney stones by 40%.
2. It has fiber.
via Latitude News
Beer. especially dark beer, has about a gram of soluble fiber in each 12-ounce bottle. Fiber helps lower your levels of LDL, the “bad” kind of cholesterol.
Wine has none. Sorry wine.
3. Beer can boost your levels of B vitamins.
Another bonus: Beer also contains vitamin B12 and folic acid.
4. It’s one of the oldest beverages that humans have produced, and it’s even better today.
The Ebla tablets, which date back to c. 2500 BCE in Mesopotamia, reveal that brewing beer was a popular occupation for women. Beer made from baked barley bread was part of the daily diet of Egyptian pharaohs.
5. Beer hydrates “slightly better” than water.
6. It’s good for your bones.
7. There are 400 different types of beer.
via California Through My Lens
Obviously, if you want to try them all you have to get started.
8. You have some leftover ice cream.
via Delectable Darlings
Beer floats are DELICIOUS. Yes, that’s beer and ice cream, and despite what you might think, it can be really, really delicious. Try a cherry lambic with vanilla ice cream, a pint of Guinness with vanilla bean ice cream, or a raspberry wheat ale with chocolate ice cream.
9. A chemical compound in hops contains antiviral properties.
Researchers in Sapporo, Japan, found that the compound humulone provides an effective guard against a virus that can cause severe forms of pneumonia and bronchitis in children.
10. Our founding fathers wanted you to drink beer
Well kinda, George Washington, Thomas Jefferson, Ben Franklin, and James Madison were all beer brewers and drinkers. Madison even thought of creating a federal brewery. God bless America!
11. You can make some cool things, but you’re going to need some empties.
I think you’re going to need some more beer.
12. The universe is telling you to drink more.
via Flickr: rimuhosting
There are giant floating space clouds full of BEER. Seriously, the alcohol in them could make 400 trillion trillion pints of beer. The bad news: it’s about 10,000 lightyears away.
13. It helps you sleep.
14. Your friends want you to join them.
Rutgers GPA Booster Classes 2015
Boost your GPA and balance your course load with easy classes and great professors. Check out our list of GPA Booster Classes!